| || |
| | DR. VINO
JANUARY 27, 2011 How Angelus became James Bond’s choice
In a memorable scene in Casino Royale, James Bond sipped Chateau Angelus on a train while meeting Vesper Lynd. The St Emilion maker of bold blend of merlot and cabernet franc paid for the placement in cash and wine.
| | IMBIBE NEW YORK
JANUARY 27, 2011 Terry Theise at City Winery
Last week, I attended the Terry Theise (and Mark de Grazia) Spring Tasting, presented by Michael Skurnik Wines at City Winery. It was a Tuesday afternoon, cold and wet, and I was coming from the South Bronx, so of course I got there late. But what a event…the house was packed with bodies and wine…I [.]. wine events Wine Importers Wine Reviews Michael Skurnik Nigl Terry Theise
| | A WINE STORY
JANUARY 26, 2011 Oysters & Wine
Did you ever wonder what sort of wine to have with oysters? Not sure there are any clear rules, yet wouldn't it be fun to try oysters, prepared in a multitude of ways, wit hmany different wines?
| | WHY WINE BLOG
JANUARY 25, 2011 A Treat from Gettysburg.
Two months ago my wife (Shirley) and daughter (Pam) spent a few days in Gettysburg PA. Pam was there on business and Shirley tagged along so she could spend some time in her favorite Pennsylvania location. While there Shirley toured the battlefield for about the umpteenth time and both did the famous Gettysburg ghost tour along with some fine dining and shopping. Shirley was also kind enough to bring home some Adams County wines she found at a downtown wine shop.
DR. VINO Do Australian Rieslings need more age?
| FRIDAY, JANUARY 28, 2011
The Contours vineyard at Pewsey Vale, Eden Valley. The Seppelt Drumborg Riesling 2010 has the fresh lime aromas of a young Aussie Riesling. But on the palate, the dry wine is tightly wound, wrapped in a crunchy, almost impenetrable shell of acidity. By contrast, the 2003 vintage of the same wine is much more accessible, with toasty almost honeyed notes, and a much rounder texture. The Australians like their Rieslings young, fresh and dry. MORE >>
BROOKLYN GUY LOVES WINE Back From Champagne
| THURSDAY, JANUARY 27, 2011
I just returned from several days in Champagne! In Peter Liem , I had the finest tour guide imaginable. I'll share stories and photos in the coming days, but first a few tidbits from our one day in Paris. The French love Sharon Stone. This movie poster appeared in every metro station I passed through. She is something like 65 years old, but in France she's still a leading lady. I hope that I never stop feeling thrilled by the streets of Paris. MORE >>
A WINE STORY Australian Wine “Landmark Australia”
| WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 26, 2011
Fabulous event today at Landmark in the Time Warner Center! Landmark Australia Master Class 2011came to town, and the room was filled with some of the best sommeliers and wine writers in the city. Riesling and Pinot Noir was the focus of the event - six young Rieslings, and six Rieslings with age to see their incredible development. MORE >>
WHY WINE BLOG Finger Lakes Wine and Cheese
| THURSDAY, JANUARY 27, 2011
I am beginning to think that the widening of my wine palate is beginning to affect my taste for other foods that were always on my avoidance list. One in particular was my total disdain for Feta cheese and also for Goat cheese. This past autumn Shirley, Pam and I did a cheese tour of farms on the Finger Lakes. One farm in particular was not one I really desired to visit. They made 'Goat Cheese," one of the most disgusting cheeses I have ever tasted. MORE >>
DR. VINO Grape sex, Snooth, icewine fraud, Aussie beer — sipped & spit
| TUESDAY, JANUARY 25, 2011
SPIT: repurposed content. Snooth scrapes Cellartracker content, the Vintank blog suggests. The Snooth co-founder admits the content has “ slipped through their Ph.D. programmers since 2007 and apologizes. The Cellartracker founder comments on the post to say he has emails from 2008 contradicting several points in the apology post. As they say in the Twitterverse: oh, snap! SPIT: sex. MORE >>
- You be the Sommelier BROOKLYN GUY LOVES WINE | MONDAY, JANUARY 24, 2011
- Tasting Notes Week of 1/24/11 A WINE STORY | THURSDAY, JANUARY 27, 2011
- Cantina Bergamasca's Akros Valcalepio Rosso Riserva 2005 at Enoteca Di Palo VIGNA UVA VINO | FRIDAY, JANUARY 28, 2011
- “What Emily Post Can Teach You About Social Media, Millennial App-titude and Geo-Marketing” A WINE STORY | WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 26, 2011
- Curious about Vernaccia di San Gimignano? A WINE STORY | WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 26, 2011
- Ugo Chiola – Story of a Modern Italian Winemaker? A WINE STORY | WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 26, 2011
- Prosecco at Vino 2011 A WINE STORY | WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 26, 2011
- La Soiree des Grands Crus in NYC! A WINE STORY | TUESDAY, JANUARY 25, 2011
- Wine Market Council comes to NYC A WINE STORY | TUESDAY, JANUARY 25, 2011
- Diversity of Lombardy with Bill Nesto at Italian Wine Week A WINE STORY | TUESDAY, JANUARY 25, 2011
- Vino 2011 Italian Wine Week A WINE STORY | MONDAY, JANUARY 24, 2011
- Campochiarenti Chianti Colli Senesi DOCG Riserva 2006 VIGNA UVA VINO | THURSDAY, JANUARY 27, 2011
- Santa Sofia Amarone Della Valpolicella Classico Gioe 2003 VIGNA UVA VINO | THURSDAY, JANUARY 27, 2011