| || |
| | BROOKLYN GUY LOVES WINE
JULY 22, 2010 Hot Day + Grill = Smoked Pork Shoulder
It's been very hot lately in NYC. I don't mind it so much, actually. I prefer very hot to very cold. On a super hot day recently I decided to light the grill and attempt to smoke a hunk of pork shoulder. I know that sounds kind of odd - hot day, several hours of hot grill.
| || | DR. VINO
JULY 22, 2010 Tasting note generator given 99+ pt rating!
Wine writers, already about as endangered as the Iberian lynx thanks to the sagging media world (not screwcaps), have something new to fear– automatically generated tasting notes ! Have a taste of what the site spits out: Fully refined almost corpulent Chenin Blanc.
| | A WINE STORY
JULY 20, 2010 Can Social Media Save American Wineries?
baron. The WSJ recently published an article titled: Luxury Wine Market Reels from Downturn which Dr. Vino brought to the attention of his wine community. You can see the entire thread on his blog -- and the comments are quite interesting.
BROOKLYN GUY LOVES WINE The Immutable Greatness of Richebourg
| TUESDAY, JULY 20, 2010
The other night, and for the first time in my life, I drank a bottle of Richebourg. I've tasted Richebourg before, but never opened a bottle and drank it, watched the story unfold in the glass. I have a rather entrepreneurial friend who is investigating the viability of buying and selling luxury wines. He decided that he wanted to drink one of his acquisitions, and I was fortunate enough to be in the room at the time. He walked over with this bottle, as if he was going to open it. MORE >>
VIGNA UVA VINO Cantele Rosato Negroamaro 2007 IGT Puglia
| THURSDAY, JULY 22, 2010
The grapes are macerated from 12-18 hours to infuse the colors and aromas of 100% Negroamaro, then fermented in steel tanks before bottling. Pinkish rose with hints of copper paints this Rosato from Puglia, while sour cherry gummy bears and strawberries express the aromas. The crisp palate shows a tart freshness that sings with the essence of rose water and cherries. Con la mia moglie, ieri sera: prosciutto con melone e fichi. insalata cesare. buratta e pomodori con aceto balsamico. MORE >>
DR. VINO Wine rack bra, Jets wine, leafroll, pinot breakup — sipped & spit
| THURSDAY, JULY 22, 2010
SIPPED: jug wine. A sports bra modified to contain 25 ounces of wine and fitted with a nozzle is making the rounds again. Dubbed the “Wine Rack, it is the companion to the “ Beer Belly for men. SPIT: New York wine. An Albany blogger throws a flag on the new Jets wine play for not being a wine from New York State, especially after state funds subsidized their pre-season training. SPIT and a SHRUG: leafroll virus. MORE >>
A WINE STORY Using Current Events To Boost Wine Sales
| TUESDAY, JULY 20, 2010
When I was head of Deg.Com Communications in Boston, working with small companies to build buzz for their business, I often spoke at a variety of conventions ranging from the Institute of Management Consultants to Book Expo America to the National Speaker’s Association. No matter what the business I always suggested that media-hungry entrepreneurs begin their day by reading the news. Are you a PR rep for a wine company? MORE >>
BROOKLYN GUY LOVES WINE René Geoffroy's Empriente - One of the Best Values in Pinot-Heavy Champagne
| SUNDAY, JULY 18, 2010
I want to tell you about what I think is one of the best wine values in Champagne, a wine made by René Geoffroy. All of René Geoffroy's wines are compelling, from the wildly energetic Rosé de Saignée to the refined Volupté to the truly fine "entry level" wine, a non-vintage wine called Expression. It is primarily Meunier and it is a delicious wine that offers more complexity and finesse than one might expect from a non vintage wine. MORE >>
- Rosaenovae Irpinia Terradora DiPaolo DOC 2009 VIGNA UVA VINO | MONDAY, JULY 19, 2010
- Every time you open a screwcap, a kitten dies! DR. VINO | WEDNESDAY, JULY 21, 2010
- Tasting Sauvignon Blanc for Summer A WINE STORY | TUESDAY, JULY 20, 2010
- A Guest Post for McDuff’s Food & Wine Trail IMBIBE NEW YORK | THURSDAY, JULY 22, 2010
- Wine Tasting Guy » Ying Yang Wine WINE TASTING GUY | TUESDAY, JULY 20, 2010
- Aria wine bar: Brix by chicks served by guys with… [poll] DR. VINO | TUESDAY, JULY 20, 2010
- Tsantali Wines Hosts U.S. Presentation A WINE STORY | TUESDAY, JULY 20, 2010
- Babich Sauvignon Blanc Marlborough NZ VIGNA UVA VINO | TUESDAY, JULY 20, 2010
- Laureano and his Mendall! Hardcore in Catalonia ALICE FEIRING | THURSDAY, JULY 22, 2010
- Divers find old champagne and immediately chug it DR. VINO | MONDAY, JULY 19, 2010
- MW Student Visit to Chateau Prieuré-Lichine A WINE STORY | SUNDAY, JULY 18, 2010
- Luxury Hotel Review: Hostellerie Beau Rivage in Condrieu A WINE STORY | SUNDAY, JULY 18, 2010
- Tasting Notes This Week A WINE STORY | SATURDAY, JULY 17, 2010
- Tasting Notes: Delicious New Wines from Arancio A WINE STORY | SATURDAY, JULY 17, 2010
- Leafroll Virus, pretty as a picture ALICE FEIRING | THURSDAY, JULY 22, 2010
- 32 Days of Natural Wine/Letter to David ALICE FEIRING | TUESDAY, JULY 20, 2010