| || |
|Page 1 of 1 || Previous | Next |
| | WINE TASTING GUY
JUNE 7, 2008 [Article, Health] White wine can be beneficial too?
I have written plenty about the health benefits of wine and my affinity to Israel has also been well documented on this site. Enjoy the article, "Researchers Develop White Wine With Health Benefits Similar To Red". A real quick weekend post. So when I stumbled on the following post I knew I had to re-post it here for all of you. Happy healthy WHITE wine tasting!
| || |
| || | WINE TASTING GUY
DECEMBER 13, 2008 [Article, Health] Healthy “GRAPES” & light pre-natal imbibing
Countless studies have declared the health benefits of red wine, citing compounds such as antioxidants, resveratrol, polyphenolic compounds, etc. Well now (in a recent article in Wine Spectator online) I read that there are But for the most part it seems these benefits are said to come from wine, and often red wine in particular.
| | WINE TASTING GUY
MAY 19, 2008 [Article, Health] Resveratrol - Scientists Move to Harness Red Wine Compoundâ€™s Power
In the meantime I want to write a quick post about a compound found in red wine that is frequently mentioned as its health benefits have been cited in multiple studies. I bring this up today simply as Wine Spectator online has an article in its Wine & Health section that cites two studies taking place where researchers are examining the benefits of harnessing Resveratrol & using it to treat cells associated with diseases. The article can be found here.
| | WINE TASTING GUY
JANUARY 11, 2009 [Article, Health] Red Wine & Beef - A Match made in Heaven
I stumbled upon a cool article “Beer and red wine marinade may cut cancer risk from beef. Tags: heterocyclic amines cancer Wine Industry wine health Steak happy hour Ahhh…I’m sure I have mentioned it countless times but such a pairing deserves to be fawned over time & time again. Red wine & steak! I bring this combo up today as part of a quickie post. The title [.].
WINE TASTING GUY [Article, Health] "Any Time Is a Good Time to Start Drinking Wine."
| SUNDAY, MARCH 23, 2008
, " Any Time is a Good Time to Start Drinking Wine To Help the Heart " basically says that whether you are in your 40's or 60's you can always begin moderate wine drinking and take advantage of the benefits wine has on the heart and other cardiovascular benefits. Check out the article
and happy & HEALTHY wine drinking this holiday weekend. I still need to complete my "best Israeli wines for Passover" post as well as my Best of the Skurnik tasting entry. MORE >>
WINE TASTING GUY [Article, Health] Red Wine giving you a headache?
| SUNDAY, APRIL 6, 2008
This pre-Passover wine season has me running around to tastings and writing all kinds of articles
. Well, I am writing about this topic today as Jennifer Fiedler of Wine Spectator wrote a brief piece ( found here ) in the Health
Q & A section. For more info read the full article
. Please accept my apologies for the infrequent posts of late. I have also been plugging away at my Israel wine project. BUT, I have not forgotten you, my loyal readers. MORE >>
WINE TASTING GUY [Article, Health] Steak & wine - a match made in heaven
| SUNDAY, JULY 6, 2008
But seriously, I was elated when I read an article
recently in the Economist "Of Sommeliers and Stomachs". Not being scientifically inclined, I'd encourage you to read the article
for yourselves. This seemingly prevents the "toxic materials from getting any farther into the body" - he knows, he did some nasty experiments with rats that you can read about in the article
. MORE >>
WINE TASTING GUY [Article, Health] "Moderate Alcohol Consumption May Improve Memory"!!!
| MONDAY, FEBRUARY 25, 2008
The full article
, compliments of wine spectator online, can be found here. Yes, the news we have all been waiting for. Drinking actually HELPS IMPROVE our memory. I'll drink to that. Drinking alcohol in moderate amounts may improve the ability to create and maintain memories properly, according to a new study from the University of Auckland in New Zealand and Ohio State University in Columbus, Ohio." Now maybe I'll remember that wine I drank the other night. Happy remembering! MORE >>
WINE TASTING GUY [Article, Health] Cheers! And Shiraz's peppery notes
| WEDNESDAY, JUNE 4, 2008
The NY Times had a few wine related articles
today. But one of the sources in todays article
notes "a mere four, five-ounce glasses of wine "starts getting close" to the amount of resveratrol they found effective", as opposed to previous studies that determined that "to gain (sufficient) dosages people would have to drink more than 100 bottles of red wine a day". Cheers to red wine & a longer life!!! MORE >>
- [Article, Health] Sulfites & wine WINE TASTING GUY | SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 6, 2008
- [Article, Health] Hangovers WINE TASTING GUY | SUNDAY, JUNE 15, 2008
- [Article, Health] Underage drinking - can it be managed responsibly at home? WINE TASTING GUY | WEDNESDAY, APRIL 2, 2008
- [Article, Health] Sauerkraut: impossible food-wine pairing?!? DR. VINO | WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 15, 2010
- [Article, Health] Napa Valley’s next generation of deer hunters, Porsche racers DR. VINO | TUESDAY, JANUARY 7, 2014
- [Article, Health] Josh Cellars Wines at Bouley Botanical A WINE STORY | WEDNESDAY, JUNE 8, 2016
- [Article, Health] Wine editorial as advertisement - from France to the US? DR. VINO | TUESDAY, APRIL 21, 2009
- [Article, Health] My Super Bowl Sunday WHY WINE BLOG | SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 3, 2013
- [Article, Health] Alice Feiring - In Vino Veritas ALICE FEIRING | TUESDAY, APRIL 15, 2008
- [Article, Health] Alice Feiring - In Vino Veritas ALICE FEIRING | FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 7, 2008
- [Article, Health] Alice Feiring - In Vino Veritas ALICE FEIRING | THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 7, 2008
- [Article, Health] Alice Feiring - In Vino Veritas ALICE FEIRING | TUESDAY, MARCH 25, 2008
- [Article, Health] Natural wines, premox, chenin blanc, 07 Port and Rhone – John Gilman DR. VINO | TUESDAY, OCTOBER 6, 2009