| || |
|Page 1 of 1 || Previous | Next |
| | A WINE STORY
NOVEMBER 21, 2017  Le Tour Vielle
Having purchased the vineyards from two winemaking families in 1981, they modernized their domaine, adding a wine store and cellar.
| | A WINE STORY
FEBRUARY 25, 2013  Ribera Del Duero Tasting: Special Vega Sicilia Tasting
So today Pablo Alvarez Mezquiriz, Consejero Delegado of Bodegas Vega Sicilia, gave a fabulous tutored tasting of his wines including the Vega Sicilia Unico 1981, 1994, and 2004 along with the Vega Sicilia Unico Reserva Especial made from the three best years: 1990, 1996, and 1999.
| | EAST VILLAGE WINE GEEK
APRIL 16, 2013  Watch Clippers vs Trail Blazers Live Stream NBA 2013
Since Donald Sterling bought the club in 1981, the Clippers are the worse teams in the league, because Sterling does not always willing explained, young talent to undertake further. [link] [starttext] LA Clippers vs Portland Trail Blazers NBA 2013 Tuesday, April 16, 2013 - 10:30 PM ET Staples Center, Los Angeles, CA The Los Angeles Clippers are a basketball team of the American Basketball League NBA. The team is based in Los Angeles, California.
| | A WINE STORY
MARCH 2, 2012  Visiting Tenuta dell ‘Ornellaia
Ornellaia was founded in 1981 with the mission to produce outstanding wines given that the site was chosen for its unusual marine clay soils and microclimate. Isn't this art incredibly gorgeous? Who would have thought that it is located in a Tuscan winery, not a museum!
| | A WINE STORY
AUGUST 7, 2010  Saintsbury Wines from Carneros
Quick! When you think 'Carneros' what varietal comes to mind? The appellation was officially created in 1983, as its cool climate is excellent for creating Pinot Noir and Chardonnay with a Burgundian tone of delicacy and finesse.
| | DR. VINO
MARCH 5, 2010  Better know a wine law: Maryland!
Although the legislation has been introduced every year since 1981, Adam Borden, executive director of Marylanders for Better Beer and Wine Laws, says that this year it has majority support in both houses. Maryland, the home of the Fightin’ Terps, threatens to turn its wine lovers into perps: The laws governing these five and a half million residents make it a felony to order wine online and have it shipped to their homes.
BROOKLYN GUY LOVES WINE  Rhode Island Wine Weekend, Part I
| MONDAY, AUGUST 19, 2013
The following evening we began our dinner with a magnum of 1981
Lanson Brut Champagne. There is one thing that I''ve not said about the 1981
or the NV from the 60''s (or the Pol Roger). You know how you have those weekends where you go out of town to a friend''s house where a bunch of serious wine lovers gather over a few dinners to open and share truly great old wines? Yeah, me neither. But this past weekend was exactly that for me. MORE >>
A WINE STORY  Visiting Saintsbury in Carneros
| MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 24, 2012
David tells me the story of his winery ( you can read it here ) which was established in 1981
. Very excited to spend Sunday morning in Napa with David Graves, co-founder of Saintsbury in Carneros along with his partner, co-founder Richard Ward. Their idea was to create quality Pinot Noir and Chardonnay and from the international accolades they've succeeded. David is a kind and patient teacher. his winery is filled with employees who seem excited to come to work and several cats and dogs. MORE >>
WHY WINE BLOG  Frog's Leap Rutherford Sauvignon Blanc 2010
| TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 18, 2012
Taking inspiration from his first Napa Valley winemaking post in the cellars of Stag's Leap, John began making wine commercially in 1981
and named the new operation "Frog's Leap." Tuesday afternoon I had to take a wine run to one of our local Wine & Spirits shops to pick up a white wine to serve with broiled salmon and snow crab. MORE >>
BROOKLYN GUY LOVES WINE  Rhode Island Wine Weekend, Part III
| TUESDAY, AUGUST 27, 2013
We then drank 1981
López de Heredia Viña Bosconia Gran Riserva. We drank several exceptional bottles of Rioja in Saturday night. Each of these wines was a special thing, something that could be the focus of a special dinner. I''ve had a little experience drinking mature wines by López de Heredia, and maybe a bottle or two by La Rioja Alta. But that''s about it. So drinking these wines was a wonderful way for me to get a sense of some of the other great producers in the region. MORE >>
DR. VINO  Traditional Rioja, the anti-en primeurs wine
| FRIDAY, APRIL 15, 2011
My wife and I had the 1981
Bosconia Gran Reserva at our tenth anniversary dinner, over a year ago, and I remember it well. Why pay en primeur prices for young Bordeaux that won’t arrive for two years? A case against that certainly comes in the form of the traditional Riojas from R. Lopez de Heredia. One of the few remaining traditionalists, Lopez de Heredia is known for outrageously long bottle aging in their legendary cellars prior to releasing the wine. MORE >>
-  López de Heredia Across Five Decades BROOKLYN GUY LOVES WINE | MONDAY, MARCH 28, 2011
-  Tasting wild Horse Vineyards Wine with Director of Winemaking Clay Brock A WINE STORY | WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 15, 2012
-  The Return to Terroir Tasting Panel: part two ALICE FEIRING | TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 10, 2009
-  Tasting with Terras d’Alter in Alentejo A WINE STORY | THURSDAY, MARCH 14, 2013
-  Money isn't Everything BROOKLYN GUY LOVES WINE | THURSDAY, DECEMBER 2, 2010
-  Wells Guthrie’s Damascene conversion: “less is more” DR. VINO | TUESDAY, JUNE 28, 2011
-  November Wine Dinner BROOKLYN GUY LOVES WINE | MONDAY, NOVEMBER 13, 2006
-  Visiting Rioja A WINE STORY | MONDAY, MAY 14, 2012
-  In praise of mature wine DR. VINO | THURSDAY, OCTOBER 7, 2010
-  A Conversation with Becky Wasserman - Part 1 BROOKLYN GUY LOVES WINE | THURSDAY, JANUARY 28, 2010
-  Tasting Notes Week of July 8, 2010 A WINE STORY | WEDNESDAY, JULY 6, 2011
-  The Pickyeater's BBQ BROOKLYN GUY LOVES WINE | WEDNESDAY, JUNE 17, 2009
-  What a Day! 2 Wine Tastings!! WINE TASTING GUY | SATURDAY, OCTOBER 18, 2008
-  December Wines - a Laundry List BROOKLYN GUY LOVES WINE | TUESDAY, JANUARY 4, 2011
-  Overachievers and Underachievers BROOKLYN GUY LOVES WINE | SUNDAY, MAY 10, 2009
-  Polaner tasting standouts WINE TASTING GUY | WEDNESDAY, APRIL 30, 2008