| || |
|Page 1 of 1 || Previous | Next |
| | DR. VINO
MARCH 5, 2010 Better know a wine law: Maryland!
Although the legislation has been introduced every year since 1981, Adam Borden, executive director of Marylanders for Better Beer and Wine Laws, says that this year it has majority support in both houses. Small wonder neighboring DC is the thirstiest non-state in the nation.). Maryland is also home to 38 wineries today. House Bill (80/141).
| | WHY WINE BLOG
SEPTEMBER 18, 2012 Frog's Leap Rutherford Sauvignon Blanc 2010
Taking inspiration from his first Napa Valley winemaking post in the cellars of Stag's Leap, John began making wine commercially in 1981 and named the new operation "Frog's Leap." Tuesday afternoon I had to take a wine run to one of our local Wine & Spirits shops to pick up a white wine to serve with broiled salmon and snow crab.
| || || |
| || || || |
| || || || |
A WINE STORY Visiting Saintsbury in Carneros
| MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 24, 2012
David tells me the story of his winery ( you can read it here ) which was established in 1981
. Very excited to spend Sunday morning in Napa with David Graves, co-founder of Saintsbury in Carneros along with his partner, co-founder Richard Ward. David is a kind and patient teacher. Timothy Colla is in charge of the lab. MORE >>
A WINE STORY Tasting wild Horse Vineyards Wine with Director of Winemaking Clay Brock
| WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 15, 2012
he selected the Templeton vineyard and winery location for its low vigor soils, proven ground water table, proximity to Estero Bay, and rural atmosphere. What fun having dinner (and wine!) at NYT's Bottino restaurant with Wild Horse Vineyard's Director of Winemaking Clay Brock, who has been making wine at Wild Horse since 2008. MORE >>
BROOKLYN GUY LOVES WINE Money isn't Everything
| THURSDAY, DECEMBER 2, 2010
The first wine we drank was the 1981
Krug Collection , about $700, imported by Moet/Hennessy/Diageo. Money isn't everything when it comes to Champagne. As with most great wines, there are fantastically expensive bottles and modestly priced bottles, and when thinking about the wines as a group, price does not necessarily indicate quality. MORE >>
BROOKLYN GUY LOVES WINE A Conversation with Becky Wasserman - Part 1
| THURSDAY, JANUARY 28, 2010
was Kermit Lynch's agent in Beaune from 1977 - 1981
also. The American wine icon Becky Wasserman is in New York City to celebrate the 30th anniversary of Le Serbet , her wine exporting company. She is considered to be one of the architects of the Burgundy wine market and she is respected and admired by everyone I know. had two young sons. MORE >>
DR. VINO Wells Guthrie’s Damascene conversion: “less is more”
| TUESDAY, JUNE 28, 2011
He also mentioned having a 1981
Williams-Selyem Allen Vineyard pinot noir from the Anderson Valley a couple of decades after release and was amazed at the grace with which it aged, describing it as “Jayer-like.. Saul had his conversion on the road to Damascus. Wells Guthrie had his conversion on the road home from Burgundy. MORE >>
- In praise of mature wine DR. VINO | THURSDAY, OCTOBER 7, 2010
- Visiting Tenuta dell ‘Ornellaia A WINE STORY | FRIDAY, MARCH 2, 2012
- December Wines - a Laundry List BROOKLYN GUY LOVES WINE | TUESDAY, JANUARY 4, 2011
- The Pickyeater's BBQ BROOKLYN GUY LOVES WINE | WEDNESDAY, JUNE 17, 2009
- Visiting Rioja A WINE STORY | MONDAY, MAY 14, 2012
- Tasting Notes Week of July 8, 2010 A WINE STORY | WEDNESDAY, JULY 6, 2011
- Watch Clippers vs Trail Blazers Live Stream NBA 2013 EAST VILLAGE WINE GEEK | TUESDAY, APRIL 16, 2013
- Tasting with Terras d’Alter in Alentejo A WINE STORY | THURSDAY, MARCH 14, 2013
- Overachievers and Underachievers BROOKLYN GUY LOVES WINE | SUNDAY, MAY 10, 2009
- The Return to Terroir Tasting Panel: part two ALICE FEIRING | TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 10, 2009
- What a Day! 2 Wine Tastings!! WINE TASTING GUY | SATURDAY, OCTOBER 18, 2008
- Polaner tasting standouts WINE TASTING GUY | WEDNESDAY, APRIL 30, 2008
- November Wine Dinner BROOKLYN GUY LOVES WINE | MONDAY, NOVEMBER 13, 2006
New York Wine can personalize the content based on your interests, your LinkedIn profile, what you share on Twitter and LinkedIn, and what content people similar to you are sharing. More on Content Personalization
Sign-in using your social networks so we can begin to personalize your experience.
We need your email and password to allow you to log into your personalization features.
Enter your email address to reset your password. A temporary password will be e-mailed to you so that you may log in.