| || |
|Page 1 of 1 || Previous | Next |
| || | BROOKLYN GUY LOVES WINE
FEBRUARY 23, 2012 Old or Young Wines First?
We began with the flight from the 60's - the 1964, 1967, and 1969. The other night I had dinner with 7 other people in Manhattan, a dinner featuring 12 vintages of Marcarini Barolo Brunate. Three wines each from the 60's, 70's, 80's, two wines from the 90's, and the 2007. Some felt that we should have started with the young wines.
| || || |
| | VIGNA UVA VINO
MAY 11, 2013 Isola d'Elba
Elba has had its own established DOC since 1967, and is considered part of the Tuscan region. 'Isola d''Elba , a wine region I''ve never written about, is probably best known as the site of Napoleon’s exile, but it also happens to be what Plini The Elder called "insula vini ferax", "the island that produces a lot of wine."
| || || |
| || || || |
A WINE STORY 100th Anniversary at d’Arenberg Winery
| WEDNESDAY, JUNE 13, 2012
The 1968 Cabernet Sauvignon won the Jimmy Watson Trophy at the 1969 Royal Melbourne Wine Show and the 1967
Red Burgundy (Grenache based) was awarded 7 trophies and 29 gold medals in Australian capital city wine shows. " Ask her why d'Arenberg has such wacky names for their wines!" I can't ask her that!" News 100th d'arenberg MORE >>
A WINE STORY Tasting Wines of Ken Forrester
| SUNDAY, DECEMBER 11, 2011
Chenin Blanc” all the levels of Chenin Blanc were naturally quite good, with the best being the FMC as the fruit is sourced from old (1967
) bush vines, with low yields and three to five pickings. "So here i am, at Ken Forrester's 96 Winery Road restaurant in South Africa!". Africa for many decades. During my recent trip to S. 96 Winery Road. MORE >>
BROOKLYN GUY LOVES WINE Tasting the Wines of Jaques Lassaigne
| TUESDAY, OCTOBER 13, 2009
Le Cotet is a vineyard planted by Jacques Lassaigne between 1964 and 1967
. The other day I was fortunate enough to meet Emmanuel Lassaigne, son of Jacques, and now the wine maker at Champagne Jacques Lassaigne. And converse we did - I spoke with Emmanuel for about an hour while tasting, and I learned a great deal about his wines. MORE >>
DR. VINO Mayacamas Vineyards – tasting notes and more, from John Gilman
| THURSDAY, JANUARY 28, 2010
John Gilman, author of the newsletter A View from the Cellar , weighs in today with his thoughts on Mayacamas Vineyards. There is some duplication with Evan Dawson’s travel post from yesterday but there is also much new, including John’s tasting notes from Mayacamas Cabernet 2003, 1991, 1985, 1974, & 1968. 2015-2050. 2017-2050. MORE >>
A WINE STORY Visiting Santos Jorge Winery in Alentejo
| THURSDAY, MARCH 14, 2013
The winery was established in 1967
with the purpose of exploring the land of an estate called Herdade Dos Machados, created in the 19 th century by one of the most important landowners of Portugal, who had different properties in Alentejo. “What a cold day to be in New York!” Supery) were always on the lookout for great terroir. link]. MORE >>
- Facts About Tailgaiting WHY WINE BLOG | THURSDAY, DECEMBER 1, 2011
- Visiting Valpolicella & Friuli A WINE STORY | MONDAY, JUNE 14, 2010
- Watch Champions League Final 2013 Live Streaming Online EAST VILLAGE WINE GEEK | SATURDAY, MAY 18, 2013
- Watch Nuggets vs Warriors Live Stream NBA Playoffs 2013 EAST VILLAGE WINE GEEK | FRIDAY, APRIL 19, 2013
- Watch Pacers vs Sixers Live Stream NBA 2013 Free EAST VILLAGE WINE GEEK | TUESDAY, APRIL 16, 2013
- Watch Oklahoma City Thunder vs San Antonio Spurs Live Stream EAST VILLAGE WINE GEEK | WEDNESDAY, APRIL 3, 2013
- Levi's Luncheon BROOKLYN GUY LOVES WINE | FRIDAY, MARCH 26, 2010
- Taylor’s Quinta de Vargellas port - a vertical, 1958 - 2005 DR. VINO | FRIDAY, MARCH 6, 2009
- Some upcoming NYC wine events DR. VINO | THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 12, 2009
- Lamùri Nero D'Avola 2005 IGT VIGNA UVA VINO | MONDAY, DECEMBER 22, 2008
- Domaine Dujac Barrel Tasting BROOKLYN GUY LOVES WINE | SUNDAY, DECEMBER 21, 2008
- Skurnik Tasting - my favorites (finally) WINE TASTING GUY | TUESDAY, MARCH 25, 2008
- 2 Wine tasting events - Part 2 WINE TASTING GUY | WEDNESDAY, MARCH 19, 2008
- DRINKING A 2005 BENSON FERRY OLD VINE ZINFANDEL WITH A LITTLE BIT OF BACKGROUND EAST VILLAGE WINE GEEK | WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 23, 2008
New York Wine can personalize the content based on your interests, your LinkedIn profile, what you share on Twitter and LinkedIn, and what content people similar to you are sharing. More on Content Personalization
Sign-in using your social networks so we can begin to personalize your experience.
We need your email and password to allow you to log into your personalization features.
Enter your email address to reset your password. A temporary password will be e-mailed to you so that you may log in.